Snow!

I have awoken this morning to a carpet of snow and more white stuff falling from the sky. Lots of people on social media are posting pictures of their gardens, their pets looking excited or bemused, their children building snowmen or sledging. Overall the reaction seems to be a positive one among the general populace.

I meanwhile am laying in bed feeling sick with anxiety because of the change to my routine. But I can't post that emotion to social media because it's not how one should react, I gather. So I am keeping my sick feeling to myself and will be pottering about the house, worrying how on earth I am going to get the things done that I need to.

Thank you for reading.

• Hi Graham357,

I'm so happy that we finally get snow! Yes, it makes travelling a nightmare, it makes us feel cold, it makes us spend extra time shovelling out the snow from the drive....but it's a beautiful and rare sight. I love the snow!x

Much love <3

• Morning, Graham!

Well... I take your point.  But I like to strike a balance on Facebook and post how I'm actually feeling as opposed to how I'm expected to be feeling by the other users who like to kid us all that they're living perfect, happy lives full of smiles and laughter.  I have a cousin who's a bit, shall we say, upwardly-mobile and status-orientated.  She loves to post pictures of her (admittedly gorgeous) detached house and grounds - usually as a back-drop to some comment about her day (e.g. 'That's the lawn mown!' - cue photograph of a garden the size of a small public park).  Me?  I'll post photos of the cardboard box I use for a table, or my fitted wardrobes with the doors off and stacked against the wall for the winter because they get damp, or my busted charity-shop sofa!

I hope the anxiety soon passes.  One thing's for certain... if it goes on for days or weeks, those currently-excited people will pretty soon get fed up.