Hobbies

Parents
  • handicrafts and geocaching here

What language(s) do you learn? I wouldn't call it a hobby, I just do it because there's a need but it's actually quite good fun that way. Vi kan snakke litt norsk hvis du liker det!? 

• Norwegian if I'm not mistaken?

• Ja! Det er en blandning av tysk og engelsk - perfekt for meg :)

• I moved house in 2012 and that was the end of these hundreds of channels.

Now in flats I am relying on freeview and this is also an uncertain/challenge. Now the problem is reception.  Ariel is fixed on top of flats.  So atmospheric conditions determine reception.   In good conditions when I do a search I get many channels, when conditions deteriorate some of these channels are either unwatchable or have no sound.  

• Yeah satellite is another world completely, if you actually want to watch the content of foreign programs  then its the way to go. I did used to have a motorised dish back in the 90s and 00s mainly for the music channels but I was always more interested in terrestrial long distance reception via unusual atmospheric conditions and have not bothered with satellite since we moved house 4 years ago. Its the technical challenge of dragging in these ultra weak signals plus the random aspect of being at your receiver at the right time.

• Yeah satellite is another world completely, if you actually want to watch the content of foreign programs  then its the way to go. I did used to have a motorised dish back in the 90s and 00s mainly for the music channels but I was always more interested in terrestrial long distance reception via unusual atmospheric conditions and have not bothered with satellite since we moved house 4 years ago. Its the technical challenge of dragging in these ultra weak signals plus the random aspect of being at your receiver at the right time.

Children
  • I moved house in 2012 and that was the end of these hundreds of channels.

Now in flats I am relying on freeview and this is also an uncertain/challenge. Now the problem is reception.  Ariel is fixed on top of flats.  So atmospheric conditions determine reception.   In good conditions when I do a search I get many channels, when conditions deteriorate some of these channels are either unwatchable or have no sound.