Social services assessment tomorrow

It was suggested by my stepdaughter when the psych nurse did her preliminary visit on my moving to the area.

I'm thinking do I really need help as in being a genuine case or am I just a loser who should pull himself together.?
Does anyone else go through this?

Parents
  • I had my social services assessment today. My stepdaughter was there . It went ok.
    My problem is thinking I’m undeserving. My stepdaughter works for a care agency ,and says there are those who get a lot more than me and are in less need of it.

• I had my social services assessment today. My stepdaughter was there . It went ok.
    My problem is thinking I’m undeserving. My stepdaughter works for a care agency ,and says there are those who get a lot more than me and are in less need of it.

Children
  • Hello Firemonkey. Yes, I have these thoughts swishing round in my head too. I’m from the pull yourself together and do something about it kind of family and so I have felt huge amounts of guilt and other feelings because I haven’t been able to. On the one hand my Gp says with everything I’ve got she thinks I do very well but on the other hand some wondering why I’m not doing xyz plus things like pip and ESA assessments which pull me down. I sometimes think I don’t deserve the quality of life others have and then I tell myself there are people far far worse off than me. But I think if we have chance of support it may well be that we can gain from it and maybe give something back too. I don’t know if it’s selfish to need the support of others or not but I do know that I would like to get and give more out of life than I have for quite a while.