Kind of venting

I apologise, I am having a meltdown and I needed to say this where people might understand.

Every month as part of my job I write a performance update report. The first section is numbers (financial information). I have to circulate for comment from colleagues and one manager likes to fiddle with the numbers. Usually I can figure out why as due to rounding of numbers there is sometimes a £1 error in the total. This month she just changed a whole bunch of numbers and some of the changes make no sense. She left no explanation and the change is wrong. That doesn't really matter. She changed the numbers for no reason. I just, I cannot even think straight now because of it. I'd raise it with my line manager, but she is my line manager. I would rather she just walk in the office and punch me. She just does not get it. Seems so silly and yet, change two numbers for no reason I am drafting my resignation.

Anyway thanks I feel a bit better now.

Parents
  • Sounds like a nightmare and like your boss is trying to prove their own self worth.  I've got to the point now in these situations where I will point any major obvious mistakes out to senior people, but if they brush me off, as much as it drives me mad, I have to let it go.  Easier said than done I know.  I had an hour rant tonight over a similar situation and people not doing things that make sense or are right at work.

When I hit a meltdown peak like this, I have to remove myself from the situation or I else I am on the verging of handing my notice in.

Whatever your decision, I hope you feel better

• Sounds like a nightmare and like your boss is trying to prove their own self worth.  I've got to the point now in these situations where I will point any major obvious mistakes out to senior people, but if they brush me off, as much as it drives me mad, I have to let it go.  Easier said than done I know.  I had an hour rant tonight over a similar situation and people not doing things that make sense or are right at work.

When I hit a meltdown peak like this, I have to remove myself from the situation or I else I am on the verging of handing my notice in.

Whatever your decision, I hope you feel better

Children
No Data