Checking in!

Yet to be diagnosed, dropped out of the system with a move to different county a few years ago. 

It seems everywhere I turn I am recommended to get diagnosed.

I scored 43 on the AQ test so they might have a point. 

Parents
  • Sounds like a good idea, Jedders! :-) Couple of things, I'd like to ask though. Can you get a diagnosis locally, or return to the UK to avail yourself of NHS services? Do most people in the country you are in have a fairly constructive attitude towards such a diagnosis. If folks are recommending diagnosis, that might be the case. I'd just like to say that I returned to the UK for private diagnosis (I've been too long abroad to use the NHS) because it seemed like it is a completely taboo subject where I live. People had no desire to hear about it, so diagnosis was a completely out of the question. I'm sort of wondering if your experience is similar to my own. I can't really say many people in the UK really want to hear either. Such is life!

• Sounds like a good idea, Jedders! :-) Couple of things, I'd like to ask though. Can you get a diagnosis locally, or return to the UK to avail yourself of NHS services? Do most people in the country you are in have a fairly constructive attitude towards such a diagnosis. If folks are recommending diagnosis, that might be the case. I'd just like to say that I returned to the UK for private diagnosis (I've been too long abroad to use the NHS) because it seemed like it is a completely taboo subject where I live. People had no desire to hear about it, so diagnosis was a completely out of the question. I'm sort of wondering if your experience is similar to my own. I can't really say many people in the UK really want to hear either. Such is life!

Children