Hello!

Hello...

Ok, after watching the Chris Packham programme, it's spurred me on to answer a nagging question in the back of my mind, so I've decided to get diagnosed to see if I'm on the spectrum.

I've got a GP's appointment booked, and was wondering what the process is.

I've done a few online 'tests' and all of them pretty much say I'm borderline - which logical side of me agrees with.

What I'm hoping from all this is to no longer have to justify my behaviour in certain 'normal' situations to others. 

I'm in my 44th year, and I've always felt different.

Thx
C.

Parents
  • Hi Chewie..

i’m 42 and self diagnosed. Have you done an AQ test? 

http://www.lifeonthespectrum.net/blog/?page_id=1188

May I ask if you are male or female...as this is significant re diagnostics! 

Anyway....hi Chewie....welcome aboard!

ellie

• Hi Ellie

I'm male. and yup, done several online tests, one from dealwithautism adult one came back as Borderline or High Functioning Autism. 1360 out of 2240 (61%)... a few others, pretty much similar. ill do the ones you've linked when i get home. so thx

I'm just after some closure in some aspects of my life, and try and embrace it than fight it.

• Look at the AQ test as this is usually one of the base line tests!

Beware the bump...diagnosis...can lead to a "what now" moment!! Slight smile

Good luck

• Oh I will do. I feel less ‘alone’ already and really would like to help other in tackling their own or their children’s issues.

like you said embracing the positive traits do help. Pointless fighting something which you can’t have any control over because it’s who you are.

thats something which you learn with age though.

• Oh I will do. I feel less ‘alone’ already and really would like to help other in tackling their own or their children’s issues.

like you said embracing the positive traits do help. Pointless fighting something which you can’t have any control over because it’s who you are.

thats something which you learn with age though.

Children
No Data