Hello... good to be here.

hi I’m a mother if an 8 year old son with what I suspect is Asd and have an 6 year old nt daughter who I believe has sensory issues although manageable.

ive been trying to get my son dx for around 2 years with not much success, I’m so glad I have found forums like this one as there are times I feel overwhelmed and unsure what way to go.

i knew there was something different in L from around 3 and tried to involve the local  health visitor who didn’t even bother to get back to me .... twice!.

i then at 6 eventually got the my gp involved who referred to a paedetrician who we’ve been under for the last 2 years. 

The problem we have now is getting the third person to agree there are enough segnificant issues to move forward with a dx, which in our area is 2 years long and were not even on the list....

school up until now have said they see nothing in his behaviour and apparently brought in an educational psychologist who never physically met with him and completed a questionnaire and concluded there were no traits.... grr!

luckily the paediatrician isn’t willing to give up just yet and is willing to go for a second opinion.

meanwhile the school learning support teacher is now seeing some social difficulties within L’s behaviour and is willing to help dupport this, we can only hope that when the paedetrician asked for a report this time she gives a different opinion.

And as for me... it is forums that support me through the difficult times I am experiencing, for as your well aware there is no where to turn for support meanwhile.

I worry for my DS son future as high school looms in the not so distant future for I know that with his nbehViour and personality he will not cope very well with what that may bring and without a dx he could fall through the net.

im not very good at wait and see.

i thank you all now for supporting me in my quest and answering any further questions I may have, and I’m sure there will be plenty

tracky

Parents Reply Children
No Data