Another New Person

Hello,

I'm a self-diagnosed female. I've been reading about Asperger's for a long time now and eventually decided to join this forum after watching Chris Packham's documentary the other day.

Hopefully i'll be on the same wavelength as some of you here. Nice to meet you all Slight smile

Parents
  • Hi.l Not sure if this post is in the right place. It is my first post and wishing you all a happy and good new year for 2018.  I am a lady who has been dating/seeing a man who I believe has aspergers, though he was never officially diagnosed with it. Am finding it very hard and cannot talk to him about it at all, he either clams up and looks scared or says silly things which are not at all helpful. Would be good to chat to others.

• Welcome. Get him to take an AQ50 test, followed by an EQ test. One or the other of those should provide enough ammunition for a conversation...

• I only wanted someone to chat to, not advice. We are talking about a man of 62, who is a self employed businessman doing very well in the world in all other ways.  He would refuse to take such a test and be highly insulted if I suggested it.  And it would not be worth his while to take time off of work unpaid to discuss this with doctors etc.  He is a very knowledgeable and educated person, having a diagnosis would not help him at all, only mean his work and income suffer. 

• I only wanted someone to chat to, not advice. We are talking about a man of 62, who is a self employed businessman doing very well in the world in all other ways.  He would refuse to take such a test and be highly insulted if I suggested it.  And it would not be worth his while to take time off of work unpaid to discuss this with doctors etc.  He is a very knowledgeable and educated person, having a diagnosis would not help him at all, only mean his work and income suffer. 

Children
No Data