Personal hygiene or lack of

Hello ,

I am the mother of an 18 year old daughter.

She does not like to shower or wash or bath .When she is having her period , she leaves her soiled pads on her bedroom floor.

She suffers from excessive saliva in her mouth and will just spit it onto the floor even though she has a bowl provided.

She is on medication for anxiety , but this behaviour only started 18mths ago and she is of the opinion that she is 18 and can do what she likes.

She will not listen to any advice or suggestions on how to help her manage can anyone suggest anything that I can try ?

Parents
  • Hello again,

Thankyou for your replies and giving me some understanding of what may be causing the situation .

My daughter finds it very difficult to talk about personal things , so I used a social story to try to find out if anything about the water or washing 

made her feel unhappy .

I am pleased to say that she has repeated almost exactly the same feeling described in your replies ,and so we are now working on a way to help overcome some of them .

I have also told her about this website and I am hoping she will start to use it to help herself.

Thankyou all.

• She will be very welcome and with like minded people.

so happy things are moving on.every little step forward is a step forward.

I have learnt much from your query and the replies.

Reply Children
No Data