Hello

I am a 50 year old Mum of two children.  My son who is aged 9 has an autistic spectrum condition diagnosis with ADHD and my daughter who is 6, who is very likely on the autistic spectrum too but hasn't been diagnosed yet.  I have also been diagnosed recently with an autistic spectrum condition myself.  Unfortunately, life has become too tricky for Dad so the family unit has now broken down and we are living separately and 'sharing' the children.  I previously worked full time as an Accountant but I have been off sick for the last few months due to everything that has been going on and now it looks like I'm not going to have my job to go back to either.  Life is all a bit chaotic for me at the moment and I'm really struggling....but I've struggled all my life, so why break the habit of a lifetime?!

• Hello Jaxster . Welcome. I can identify all too well with working and then having to stop through ill health. I really enjoyed the last job that I did. If I had had a diagnosis back then I could have asked for support but it all just became too much before that could happen. I agree you do have your hands full and must be a very busy person. I hope that you do have support from somewhere/some one. There are very many discussions on here which I hope will help some of which are about parents/children but not something I can help with. I hope that you can get the advice you need from the links Nellie-mod has given you 

• Hi ,

The team who you would be best speaking to would be our Autism Helpline, as they can provide you with information and advice on your issues. You can call them on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm), although please note that the Helpline is experiencing increasingly high demand, and you may not reach them straight away.

Please see the following link for further information:

http://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main.aspx

Additionally, members of the Community may wish to comment on this post with their own information and advice.

Best wishes,

Nellie-Mod