Pathological demand avoidance

Hi

My son had PDA and severe Anxiety!

Parents
  • Sorry to hear about your lack of support and terrible experience. It fills me with dread to think that you have suffered this long and still nothing has changed to help support children with PDA.  For years me and partner knew something was going on but has no clue and with the school constantly saying there felt he was fine and where he should be. 

He eventually moved schools as he was being bullied physically and emotionallyand the school did not take it seriously in the slightest. 

My son has recently been walking out of class because he can't cope and as the teacher won't listen he just walks out but then will get into trouble. The anxiety at school is immense and I'm trying to get them to understand but they don't have the time or patience.

I am trying to learn everything I can about PDA so I can help him lessen his anxiety otherwise I know it will get so much worse but without the schools help I'm going to be hitting a brick wall .

It's so frustrating and I do feel helpless and my own mental health is suffering. 

I'm in Berkshire xx

• Sorry to hear about your lack of support and terrible experience. It fills me with dread to think that you have suffered this long and still nothing has changed to help support children with PDA.  For years me and partner knew something was going on but has no clue and with the school constantly saying there felt he was fine and where he should be. 

He eventually moved schools as he was being bullied physically and emotionallyand the school did not take it seriously in the slightest. 

My son has recently been walking out of class because he can't cope and as the teacher won't listen he just walks out but then will get into trouble. The anxiety at school is immense and I'm trying to get them to understand but they don't have the time or patience.

I am trying to learn everything I can about PDA so I can help him lessen his anxiety otherwise I know it will get so much worse but without the schools help I'm going to be hitting a brick wall .

It's so frustrating and I do feel helpless and my own mental health is suffering. 

I'm in Berkshire xx

Children
No Data