Other half recently diagnoised with aspergers

By partner has recently been diagnoised with apergers and in many ways we are both struggling. Any help or advice would be welcomed. 

Parents
  • It will be hard but you will be okay. My partner was an absolute rock after I was diagnosed with aspergers. The best thing he did for me is just listening. I had so much to get off my chest those first months, I was learning so much about myself that I wanted to share and explore and having someone to talk openly with was amazing. So my advice is, communicate. Say what's on your mind, encourage your partner to do the same, discuss things that you are finding hard and be each other's sounding board. And it's not just your partner who's going through a hard time. You are too and that's okay. Relationships are a two-way thing. It's okay to need your partner's support right now as much as they need you.

• It will be hard but you will be okay. My partner was an absolute rock after I was diagnosed with aspergers. The best thing he did for me is just listening. I had so much to get off my chest those first months, I was learning so much about myself that I wanted to share and explore and having someone to talk openly with was amazing. So my advice is, communicate. Say what's on your mind, encourage your partner to do the same, discuss things that you are finding hard and be each other's sounding board. And it's not just your partner who's going through a hard time. You are too and that's okay. Relationships are a two-way thing. It's okay to need your partner's support right now as much as they need you.

Children
No Data