Diagnosis

Hi my names Alex and I'm still awaiting for an 'official' diagnosis for Aspergers.

• I sat down for three hours the other night listing all my struggles and what the possible benefits would be of finding out if I do or do not have Aspergers. 

I'm 99.9% sure I have and although they say the AQ test isn't an official diagnosis I scored 48 out of 50 so it is pretty high.

Not to mention I have dug out all my primary school reports high school reports and even work experience reports all stating the same thing over and over again that my concentration lacks and I'm easily distracted but seem to do well in topics of interest etc.

• Hi there,

Thank you for saying that about my name. I hope we get our diagnosis soon. What prompted you to want a diagnosis?

• Hi there, thank you for your message. I'm similar to yourself as I've struggled for many years not even thinking that I may have aspergers, but once it's diagnosed i think I will feel better, so hopefully it will be soon, for us both.

• Hi Alex I hope you get the correct result confirming yes or no for Aspergers. I myself have been waiting 6 months and have been told in my area the first appointment can take upto 12 months.

I'm not going to get worked up about it although I am an impatient person. I figured a 12 month wait to find out if there is a possibility I may have it or not isn't too much of a wait considering I've put up with 35 years of struggles.

Good luck.

• Hi Alex, I am in a similar position. My GP has referred me to a pshycatrist, who says I am likely Aspergers so has referred me to the local autism team for diagnosis.  I have been told there is a six month waiting time to be tested.  

• Welcome, Alex. Hope the diagnosis goes well. It took nearly a year for my first appointment, and then a few more months to complete the process. I think I badgered the GP and daignosis service once or twice.

• Hi there,

How long have you been waiting? I've been waiting for 11 months so far but i know it can take a while.

• please sign / share our petition:  petition.parliament.uk/petitions/2210… … we need  100,000  signatures to trigger a debate in Parliament to train  doctors and  nurses  in autism and LD to prevent avoidable deaths:. why: google.com.au/search?q=olive…:

• Hello Alex,

You have a nice name!

I am in the same situation.

I'm still awaiting for an 'official' diagnosis for Autism as well.