Things that are good to be done when upon this NAS Forum, Thanks

Yes, I know that I have begun a few Threads lately, and people want to ignore them (because of myself!?)... It does not matter that this Thread has no replies. Extra advice Posted is useful of course, however.

I am only Posting a sort of message here, Thank You all. (This is a sort of FYI-Thread, for the plenty of people who do not know.)

1 - IF YOU SEE A POST WHICH YOU LIKE, THEN PLEASE VOTE IT UP / UPVOTE IT.  

There are two arrows below a Post. Touch the UP arrow, until the number of "LIKES" goes up by one, and the Arrow turns Red/Pink. Then, do not touch it again, else the "Vote"-Number shall go down again. Always pay attention to this.

...People appreciate being "UpVoted" here.

2 - IF YOU REALLY LIKE A POST, THEN UPVOTE IT AND (IF YOU CAN) POST A REPLY.

...We honestly do not mind how long or short a Reply is, in this Forum. After an UpVote, a Reply may simply be: "Yes.", or "Thank You", or "I agree with part of that.". Any Reply at all (which is not a "rude word"!)

...People appreciate acknowledgment here, no matter how small.

(Editing a Reply is done via checking the "MORE"  Word beneath your own Post, and then the Post may be Edited or Deleted.)

4 - IF A POST OR THREAD SEEMS TO BREAK ANY OF THE COMMUNITY RULES, NAS SAYS TO "REPORT AS ABUSIVE". 

...If this Thread continues, I would discuss this, and what happens to "Deleted Users"... I could easily have been one of these myself early on!

That is all for now. Yes, I missed out a Number 3., I know that. Again I say that Replies are not necessary and this is FYI (For Your Information).

Edit: I have Edited Number 4. Sorry for my confusion, before.

Parents
  • The bottom of this Thread is unused, lately, and so I write this whimsy, here. I was wondering sort what percentage of ALL persons ever to subscribe to this forum only do so ONCE and then never return? Some I have seen twice, and never return...

It seems more appropriate to draw attention to this fact now, just as there are two (or more) SPAM-attacks which seem to have taken advantage of "old, forgotten" Threads. If a such a SPAM occured to someone "with a reputation of "the top 1% in the community", then they would likely still be reading and become very annoyed at it. I was just wondering. (Most single-time only posters are "I have a child" Threads. Not ever restricted to the "Parents and Carers", either, ever.)

(...Even when asked "Please let us know how you get on."... they hardly ever do so.) That is my "grumbling" over with, for today, I think.

• Morning DC

The forum serves many purposes, some people, I guess just want signposting to particular information or reassurance that they are going about things in the right way.

As you know, I’m here not only for the above, but also for the connectedness with others that is not always apparent in offline life x

• Thank You for this answer. I guess I was just "grumbling" after all. But what I was imagining is something like an "iCloud"-NAS-Storage area, and that it must be some >65% filled with these one-off people...

But I was only wondering. Please do not worry about it. (I think that this Thread is ending, now...)

• Thank You for this answer. I guess I was just "grumbling" after all. But what I was imagining is something like an "iCloud"-NAS-Storage area, and that it must be some >65% filled with these one-off people...

But I was only wondering. Please do not worry about it. (I think that this Thread is ending, now...)

Children