Feeling very isolated and low

I feel so isolated and low. I am always excluded from things. I hate spending every evening by myself. I have tried to be good and kind to people but I am still excluded from things because I am just weird and unusual and people don't tend to like me. I have worked very hard to get a place at a good college and improve my physical/mental state but still I feel so excluded from everything. I even got banned from being anywhere near my partner's house because I had a meltdown outside and her housemates heard. I bought a rope the other day and spent the evening walking in the forest looking for somewhere to tie it. I'm feeling really low and have had bad experience with Crisis/MH team and not sure where to turn.Hel

Parents
  • Sorry to hear that you're isolated and feeling like this. I hope the moderators will be along in a bit with some pointers that may help.

I've felt similar in the past, and gradually managed to expand my social circle and the situations I feel comfortable with, so that basically I don't feel excluded any more.  If you can get a place at a good college, I think you would be able to do the same.

Are you OK with phoning people? Do you have any friends or family you can talk to or contact, who might understand?  I worry when you mention the rope.  You can contact the Samaritans on 116 123 or jo@samaritans.org.

So you live away from your partner? Can you tell us a specific time when you were excluded? Can you also think of an example when you have felt included?

Sorry for so many questions. Don't feel you have to answer.

• Sorry to hear that you're isolated and feeling like this. I hope the moderators will be along in a bit with some pointers that may help.

I've felt similar in the past, and gradually managed to expand my social circle and the situations I feel comfortable with, so that basically I don't feel excluded any more.  If you can get a place at a good college, I think you would be able to do the same.

Are you OK with phoning people? Do you have any friends or family you can talk to or contact, who might understand?  I worry when you mention the rope.  You can contact the Samaritans on 116 123 or jo@samaritans.org.

So you live away from your partner? Can you tell us a specific time when you were excluded? Can you also think of an example when you have felt included?

Sorry for so many questions. Don't feel you have to answer.

Children
No Data