Local authority funding

i am very concerned my niece ex partner has contacted local authority questioning why their son is in special school where he is thriving and she now has to go for a review which was not due until November . I am very worried and wonder if anyone has any advice on this issue many thanks

Parents
  • I think that if the child is thriving in the school then there would be little chance of the father successfully arguing that they should be moved to another school. After all, this issue is about the child’s best interests, not that of either of the parents. Try not to worry too much about the review, as it is a procedural thing more than anything what with questions having been raised, and it sounds as though there is little basis for changing the school placement.

• I think that if the child is thriving in the school then there would be little chance of the father successfully arguing that they should be moved to another school. After all, this issue is about the child’s best interests, not that of either of the parents. Try not to worry too much about the review, as it is a procedural thing more than anything what with questions having been raised, and it sounds as though there is little basis for changing the school placement.

Children