HELLO!!

Hi, I am a single Mum to a 23 year old Aspie guy. He has no life, no friends and is severley depressed and I am at a loss as to what to do to help him. We both need help and aren't getting any and so I've joined here in the hope that some of you could help with advice etc.

• Hi NAS37248 and welcome.

You may find it useful to have a look at our Community Care page on our website. The page contains information about community care services, at home or in the community, that may be available to you and your son: http://www.autism.org.uk/about/benefits-care/community-care.aspx

You may want to search for services in your area that cater for people with an autism spectrum disorder on our Autism Services Directory: www.autism.org.uk/directory.aspx

You may also want to look at the services provided by The National Autistic Society which may be of help: http://www.autism.org.uk/our-services.aspx

Our Autism Helpline could also be able to help you consider options for you and your son. Advisers can talk through the different types of support and search for services in your area. You can call them on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm).Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor.

Other community members may be able to provide you with some more practical tips from experience too.

Kind regards,

Heather - Mod

• If he is interested, you could suggest that he come on here and introduce himself. He would likely find some people who share his interests which would help a bit with the loneliness.

• Hi, I'm a single mum too. My son is 24 and was diagnosed with Aspergers when he was 6 but recently we've been having a difficult time. He also has depression and anxiety and for the last year he has been showing agoraphobia like symptoms, which started when he had a stomach bug.

He already had a very limited diet because of his sensory problems and when he first got this stomach bug he just stopped eating because everything made him feel sick. Luckily we have been able to introduce other foods but he lost so much weight he has very little energy left. All he does is lie on the sofa watching Youtube videos or playing on his playstation all day!

I have told him that I have joined this forum (I suspect I am on the spectrum too) and tried to encourage him to join as well but he doesn't want to go out of his comfort zone. Maybe if we each tell our boys there is someone similar to them on here it would encourage them to join

• Hello,

I am in a similar situation.

I often feel that I have no life.

I also think that I need help but I am not getting it.

I am also looking for a good friend and a life partner.