Holly - The moderator

i received permission from Ian Dale, please check with him and reinstate my post. You could of asked where I got my permission from before deleting 

Parents
  • Hi Indigoangie,

I will alert the lead moderators to this post and ask them to check with the research department. It's part of the community rules that we don't allow research or surveys of any kind to be conducted on the forums, which is why the post was deleted - but if you had been given permission to do so then this may have been a mistake. We will try and let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Ross - mod

• ...What occurs upon this Thread so far, is both not fair and is also something of a shame/pity...

...And as my Post here takes the chance to reply to an actual Moderator, however, I was wondering how you feel about others actually POLLING...? There are certain Threads here currently running "Polls" and I wonder if that is also allowed or not...?

• Exactly. A poll is a type of survey.

I think in this case that the rules were stretched too far. The intention of that thread was not  to do any kind of official research or to produce a publication. Therefore, the rules about research ethics and data protection do not apply anyway. As a scientist, I know something about what type of research requires those considerations, and asking a question informally on a forum does not fall into that category. Only if the OP intended to release the results publicly would there be such an issue.

It really is a shame, because here was a person who could have made things better for all of us, and she even had permission to post, and then her post was deleted and nothing was done to restore it when the mistake was discovered.

• No I only intended to use it to inform my information sessions at work.  I am Autistic but I am one of thousands.  I don't want to become the face of Autism in my sessions I want to make sure I represent as many people as possible so I have to ask the Autistic population

• No I only intended to use it to inform my information sessions at work.  I am Autistic but I am one of thousands.  I don't want to become the face of Autism in my sessions I want to make sure I represent as many people as possible so I have to ask the Autistic population

Children
No Data