Holly - The moderator

i received permission from Ian Dale, please check with him and reinstate my post. You could of asked where I got my permission from before deleting 

Parents
  • P.S.... Please regard my previous Post. This here post is due to my noticing that you have begun another Thread with the same Title. It is a good idea to simply have one Thread, else it becomes too confusing or may be regarded as "Spam". This Thread has more than one reply, and so this Thread is the one that should be focussed upon.

EDIT! - I apologise again! The other Thread with the same title is copying yourself, and so they may be spamming and not you! This is at One in the morning... 

...In the unlikely event that this is yourself using two different UserNames...? (NAS36723?) This is not a good idea and you risk becoming Deleted for certain. All of this is nothing to do with myself, and is in the "Community Rules".

• It is me and the reason I did it was because I was greyed out not showing green. So I believed I had been deleted. It was only when I registered again I realised my posts could still be seen. I’m not trying to break any rules but it’s not the easiest site to navigate. 

• I have been here since last summer and still find certain aspects of it confusing and unreliable. Still no email notifications despite being told they had been fixed, no new post notifications now either. Basically lots of things going wrong all the time, a substandard platform, it isn’t best suited to autistic people. To PM anyone you have to request friendship, once that is accepted if you then block them you can never reconnect with them, so friends for life?

I wanted to tell somebody something when I first joined, I felt it was important that they heard what I had to say, I didn’t want a friend and neither did they, me a male asking a female autistic to be my friend was not shall we say easy, I had to explain and reassure them I only wanted to tell them something in confidence, she accepted my request many weeks later, we talked, we do still. It is a nice thing but back then it freaked us both out. 

Why you cannot just PM someone I do not know,?

X( ) x( )x

• The two pictures I attached to this post cannot be seen anymore.

They are gone!

Where are they?

• I felt very sad when reading your experience. Almost started to cry.

I would like one or two good friends.

I become very attached and close to friends.

I am extremely loyal. I would hate to leave someone behind and suffering because of me.

Once I have a good friend, I never ever want to separate.

I am glad, I was helpful to you.

What is your idea of a friend? Maybe we share the same idea?

I feel that my idea of a friend is also different. I would like a couple of close friends.

Take care!

• I’ve seen you make lots of friends on here already California, in a very short space of time.

Thank you for saying that!

I am feeling a little bit better now.

• When it comes to friends I prefer quality over quantity.

One or two good friends.

I do not like crowds.

I think I am interested to be a moderator in site like this one and I could do this very well.

Definitely, after some training and time.

And, if I could do this mostly from home or the location I could choose myself, a quiet place, I would be so happy. That would be life changing for me

I love computer and the computer stuff.

For me, location freedom is very important. I want to feel free to move.

• Well California It is not easy for me to make friends.

I consider I have met people on here I call friends, I talk to them on here, we seem to share things that resonate between us, 

I have no friends out in the real world. I do not want friends out there,

my idea of a friend is not understood by people out there.

I had one once when I was very young until late teens , it lasted many years, we were closer than brothers, shared absolutely everything. I was left behind alone and very unhappy.

He decided to move on with his life. He needed to start being a normal every day person. Met a girl, got engaged, got married, had lots of children, etc etc etc, I have not seen him since he left. He has never tried to contact me, I did try to call him, I bumped into him once but the person I knew was no longer there, he didn’t seem bothered seeing me, just oh hi.

The few people I call friends on here are kind caring people. We do not expect anything other than understanding and to know we can talk if we need to.

it is more companionship.

I received your message by the way, thank you. 

You taught mevhowvtobdobsomething I did not know.

()

• I’ve seen you make lots of friends on here already California, in a very short space of time. 

• That would be great California and that could be a nice income for you. Actually, if you’re interested in that role, I’ll shortly be needing a moderator on my website which will be a paid position. 

Do you not like having friends California? 

• It is a amazing to hear that you find it easy to find friend.

For me it is extremely difficult.

• Ok,,,,well I just set the receive messages box to ALL instead of friends only.

silly me, well I take back my earlier comment about “ having” to friend request people.   I think I asked back then but the admin didn’t reply to very much.

At least my misunderstanding gave me a very good friend, which is a positive. 

Itvreally is a shame there aren’t more how to’s on here, 

Come to think about it?

there used to be a how to To thevfight of screen. I am sure it said to PM someone you must friend request them first?

Or as usual my memory is mixed up and fragmented?

• Oh?

ok I will take a closer look at my profile settings then.

I often feel like dropping someone a PM just to say how I think they are so kind etc, 

When I first joined I so wanted to tell some how much I liked the work they put in helping others, I tried to on thevforum, quite rightly they were embarrassed and couldn’t accept my kindness in front of others, I am the same, if I am told I am a kind person I freak out a bit. It really means that much to me.

So I told them I wanted to just message them but I would have to friend request to do that.

I did and it took a long time for them to think it through.

Thankfully they did and we have actually become very good friends,

thanks california. ()

• I could send a private message to BlueRay.

You do not offer that option.

• Hi California, I have tried to find how to PM. But only ever find “connect” when in someone’s profile?

i tried hovering over a users name but just got a box with  things for copying,saving etc.

Many thanks, ()

• Someone sent a private message to me today and I received it. A test message.

I sent a private message to you.

I also have noticed that I could not find other people in the list that pops up when I wanted to compose a private message.

• I would be happy to do a subscription fee if I could replace it with moderation. I could be a moderator.

I do not prefer friend requests. I take them literally.

• Oh god, not only could I not message you but I couldn’t even find you in the list that pops up when you go to compose a message! Lol! I did however notice that some people had ‘cannot message’ by there name so that’s maybe for people who have opted to be contacted by friends only. But I have no idea how to message you. Maybe it would work better if I accessed it via my laptop? I’ll have a go if I go on the lap top. Feel free to try and message me because I went for the same options as you. 

• Oh god, not only could I not message you but I couldn’t even find you in the list that pops up when you go to compose a message! Lol! I did however notice that some people had ‘cannot message’ by there name so that’s maybe for people who have opted to be contacted by friends only. But I have no idea how to message you. Maybe it would work better if I accessed it via my laptop? I’ll have a go if I go on the lap top. Feel free to try and message me because I went for the same options as you. 

Children
  • I felt very sad when reading your experience. Almost started to cry.

I would like one or two good friends.

I become very attached and close to friends.

I am extremely loyal. I would hate to leave someone behind and suffering because of me.

Once I have a good friend, I never ever want to separate.

I am glad, I was helpful to you.

What is your idea of a friend? Maybe we share the same idea?

I feel that my idea of a friend is also different. I would like a couple of close friends.

Take care!

Thank you for saying that!

I am feeling a little bit better now.

• Well California It is not easy for me to make friends.

I consider I have met people on here I call friends, I talk to them on here, we seem to share things that resonate between us, 

I have no friends out in the real world. I do not want friends out there,

my idea of a friend is not understood by people out there.

I had one once when I was very young until late teens , it lasted many years, we were closer than brothers, shared absolutely everything. I was left behind alone and very unhappy.

He decided to move on with his life. He needed to start being a normal every day person. Met a girl, got engaged, got married, had lots of children, etc etc etc, I have not seen him since he left. He has never tried to contact me, I did try to call him, I bumped into him once but the person I knew was no longer there, he didn’t seem bothered seeing me, just oh hi.

The few people I call friends on here are kind caring people. We do not expect anything other than understanding and to know we can talk if we need to.

it is more companionship.

I received your message by the way, thank you. 

You taught mevhowvtobdobsomething I did not know.

()

• It is a amazing to hear that you find it easy to find friend.

For me it is extremely difficult.

• Ok,,,,well I just set the receive messages box to ALL instead of friends only.

silly me, well I take back my earlier comment about “ having” to friend request people.   I think I asked back then but the admin didn’t reply to very much.

At least my misunderstanding gave me a very good friend, which is a positive. 

Itvreally is a shame there aren’t more how to’s on here, 

Come to think about it?

there used to be a how to To thevfight of screen. I am sure it said to PM someone you must friend request them first?

Or as usual my memory is mixed up and fragmented?

• Oh?

ok I will take a closer look at my profile settings then.

I often feel like dropping someone a PM just to say how I think they are so kind etc, 

When I first joined I so wanted to tell some how much I liked the work they put in helping others, I tried to on thevforum, quite rightly they were embarrassed and couldn’t accept my kindness in front of others, I am the same, if I am told I am a kind person I freak out a bit. It really means that much to me.

So I told them I wanted to just message them but I would have to friend request to do that.

I did and it took a long time for them to think it through.

Thankfully they did and we have actually become very good friends,

thanks california. ()

• I could send a private message to BlueRay.

You do not offer that option.

• Hi California, I have tried to find how to PM. But only ever find “connect” when in someone’s profile?

i tried hovering over a users name but just got a box with  things for copying,saving etc.

Many thanks, ()

• Someone sent a private message to me today and I received it. A test message.

I sent a private message to you.

I also have noticed that I could not find other people in the list that pops up when I wanted to compose a private message.