Hello - Please help me to represent the Autistic community

[Post has been removed by Moderators for breaking community rules. This post did not have permission to undertake research - Requests for research study subjects and surveys need to be directed to research@nas.org.uk for data protection and research ethics reasons. Further information can be found on our research pages. Please be advised that any requests for research subjects or surveys posted on the Community will be deleted without warning.]

Holly - Moderator

Parents Reply Children
  • Thank you that is very kind of you and I accept the virtual hug.  

I am very lucky that my Boss is very understanding, he has been very open to what I have told him I need with regards to reasonable adjustments.  I tried to work full-time initially but I just couldn't do it.  

• I think you are doing an admirable job. You are very suited to doing this as your chosen career, straight away I feel you are understanding. Your words and how you come across is so reassuring. Please carry on and I hope you get many coming forward with confidence that you really do Understand how we feel and how we struggle.

yes you are autistic but you are able to take your new found knowledge and put it to good use.

Please look after yourself, with the highs come the lows, take itvsteady and don’t over burdenbyourself. Wevall try so hard to help but often we burn out in the process, we care so much and hate seeing suffering, we need tobtakevacstep back frombtime to time and allow others to step in.

May I offer you an aspie virtual Hug? You can refuse if you wish. I will not be at all offended, ( )