29 yrs old and just starting to acknowledge my ASD

Hi, this is my first post.

I was diagnosed with aspergers in junior school but I've only just really started to internalise it. I've come on here because i'm very isolated at the moment

• Hi. I am the same age as you but have only just been diagnosed. I feel very isolated at times too.

• I understand that, im  not much in a different position, I was diagnosed when I was 13 and still coming to terms with adjusting to autistic life I am also 29 (nearly 30 at the end of the year)  I am always here if you want a friend and to message or anything (im here to meet friends and find like minded people to talk to and connect with) I know it is difficult but together we can get through this 

• Hi Novo. I'm the same age as you but have only recently been diagnosed.

• Hi Novo,

I know how you feel. At times it feels like you're the only one who's different from everyone else, but using this website has helped me a little, at least in knowing that I'm not the only one with Asperger syndrome or the only one with the same struggles. I got my diagnosis when I was already an adult and I was a child at a time when people or those at school anyway were less familiar with any kind of autism spectrum condition, but ironically it was as a child that I struggled the least with it!

Anyway, in the time you've been on here, I hope you've managed to get in touch with other people and that they've helped you to feel less isolated.

Culcheth36

• Hi Novo,

I'm fairly new to this website, but it's already been a great help to me, and I hope that it will be to you as well. Best wishes.

• Hello Novo, I hope you will feel welcome here, it seems to me to be a friendly and helpful place. There's a huge amount of useful information available here too. I first started using the website last autumn I think and have been grateful to have found it - I do feel less isolated. Hopefully, you will too