has anyone ever gone private?

hello, i am new to this...

my son had his ados assessment last week and did not get a diagnosis which i disagree with as does his nursery teacher. 

i have been so upset as he has so many symptoms and the assessor said his gut feeling was that he was asd but my son smiled, showed gestures. 

i am going to get a second opinion but also the option of going private. 

has anyone gone private and still get the care as recieved on nhs? 

thank you in advance 

Parents
  • Hi there, yes we have gone private to get a diagnosis for our lb who is nearly 5, as we wanted him to go to a specific school who wouldn't take him without a diagnosis. The wait for camhs was too long and when I first spoke to them they said it would be a lengthy process! It was the best decision we made as I have been to camhs today as I kept the app, to see if with having the diagnosis already they had anything else to offer and to be honest they couldn't get me out quick enough! If you can go private do it, you shouldn't have to but It was the best thing for us! 

• thank you so much for replying. i am speaking with someone from private tomorrow as im worried nhs might not take a private diagnosis seriously? 

im thinking to also have a second opinion first but then its the waiting game again and to be honest i feel exhausted 

• They do take the private Diagnosis seriously! Camhs I had heard were useless and tbh seeing them today just confirmed the fact! I just wanted to get my lb the help he needs now not in a years time when they deem fit to confirm!! We had the 3 appointments over  3 weeks on the 3rd app it was the diagnosis you can't get better than that! It's stressful enough without it being dragged out once you have the diagnosis you can then start fighting to get the help he needs! My lb lasted 4 weeks at mainstream school so my priority over the last 3 months has been to find him a suitable school we are nearly there but it's been a nightmare! We only had the diagnosis in November. What area are you in? X

• They do take the private Diagnosis seriously! Camhs I had heard were useless and tbh seeing them today just confirmed the fact! I just wanted to get my lb the help he needs now not in a years time when they deem fit to confirm!! We had the 3 appointments over  3 weeks on the 3rd app it was the diagnosis you can't get better than that! It's stressful enough without it being dragged out once you have the diagnosis you can then start fighting to get the help he needs! My lb lasted 4 weeks at mainstream school so my priority over the last 3 months has been to find him a suitable school we are nearly there but it's been a nightmare! We only had the diagnosis in November. What area are you in? X

Children