Hi there.. I'm new to this page, finding new friends.

My name is Emma,  have a son who is now 20 years old, he has a diagnoses of A.D.H.D but more of ADD he is on the Autistic spectrum however didn't have a diagnose for Autism, his score was 11 where 15 he would have had a diagnoses. I have been a single mum up until now as due to get married in August. Because of no diagnoses or statement he has no help what so ever, he is no longer in full time Education as he did have a job, but because of  his  problems he found it difficult to do tasks ect... he is in and out of work as he is only an agency for recycling not full time, so difficult to have a regular income, no help from the government.

It would be great to have a chat with any of you, maybe in same boat, or in general.   and come up with any ideas or suggestions on where to go from here. hope to here from you soon. 

Parents
  • Hi Emma, I don't have direct experience, but I can relate.  Good jobs are becoming harder to come by these days.  So, just continue to be the mom that you always have been and encourage him not to lose motivation and keep looking for work opportunities (plenty out there).  We all have to be something eventually ... so help him find what he likes.  Best of luck. A

• Hi Emma, I don't have direct experience, but I can relate.  Good jobs are becoming harder to come by these days.  So, just continue to be the mom that you always have been and encourage him not to lose motivation and keep looking for work opportunities (plenty out there).  We all have to be something eventually ... so help him find what he likes.  Best of luck. A

Children
No Data