Hi all! Aspie here and I come with something to offer!

Hi everyone! I'm Karl 32 years old and in my final year of university studying music business! Not as glamorous as it sounds...OK yes it is sometimes. Anyway, as part of my final year I had to setup a service, product or company. As I am an adult Aspie and business is my special interest I thought of creating a protection society for autistic musicians. There are plenty of protection societies for women, gay, instrument specific, job role and culture based societies but nothing on how autism can restrict people trying to make a career or learn an instrument. 

So this is my idea. AMPS, or Autistic Musicians Protection Society. We want to protect, advise, create awareness, promote autism in music and work with professional companies to ensure everyone knows what autism is about and how it can be the difference between success and failure. As my idea is still new it will take everyone's opinion on the idea to tailor it to be a valuable service for the people who need it, so this is what I'm asking, for your opinion on this service. 

Now I know that latest figures show 19% of autistic people are in employment so don't worry about the service costs, it is free for everyone to use. The service will be funded mostly by the major brands in the music industry through their Corporate Social Responsibility. This means they have a responsibility to give something back to the community they operate in and this is a good way of doing that. We will use this funding to create fun events nationally and locally and pay top advisers to work with us to give the best and most up-to-date information. 

Our events will include meet and greets for everyone music, educational and awareness events and events that promote autistic artists and their soul-filled music. 

Thank you for reading, hope to hear your feedback and here is our Facebook and website if you want to connect to us! 

https://www.facebook.com/AMPS-UK-153781445356419/

https://www.autisticmusicians.org/

[Removed by moderator]

Edited by Nellie-Mod

Parents
  • Hi Karl,

What you have done is fantastic! I wish I could contribute because business is also one my special interests. I'm however terrible at music. I wish you the best of luck with this venture! It's a great idea :)

Alex

• Hi Karl,

What you have done is fantastic! I wish I could contribute because business is also one my special interests. I'm however terrible at music. I wish you the best of luck with this venture! It's a great idea :)

Alex

Children
No Data