Hi im new

My son whose 10 was diagnosed on thurs with ASD Im currently a bit lost with it all any tips or advice greatfully received xx

Parents
  • Hi, my son isn't on the spectrum but I am so it's kind of the other way around, however, I would probably say, take some time to get to know more about ASD, be kind and gentle with yourself and your son, join a local support group for parents of autistic children, the support and friendships you will make will be priceless. Your son is very lucky, he has a mum who is willing to do what she can to support her son and in return, you will be rewarded in so many wonderful ways. Don't be alone with this, there are so many more parents out there going through the same thing. I'm also a bit lost with it all, I only got my diagnosis last week but already I joined a local support group and thankfully, after a terrible morning, I found this site. Autism has many positive aspects, if we allow them to show themselves and if we nurture and nourish them but we are in the minority so we do need support. It's early days, you've come this far without a diagnosis so think about how much further you will get, with a diagnosis. You've already done the hard part, which is reaching out, the scary part is over, well done for that. Lots of love and hugs X

• Hi, my son isn't on the spectrum but I am so it's kind of the other way around, however, I would probably say, take some time to get to know more about ASD, be kind and gentle with yourself and your son, join a local support group for parents of autistic children, the support and friendships you will make will be priceless. Your son is very lucky, he has a mum who is willing to do what she can to support her son and in return, you will be rewarded in so many wonderful ways. Don't be alone with this, there are so many more parents out there going through the same thing. I'm also a bit lost with it all, I only got my diagnosis last week but already I joined a local support group and thankfully, after a terrible morning, I found this site. Autism has many positive aspects, if we allow them to show themselves and if we nurture and nourish them but we are in the minority so we do need support. It's early days, you've come this far without a diagnosis so think about how much further you will get, with a diagnosis. You've already done the hard part, which is reaching out, the scary part is over, well done for that. Lots of love and hugs X

Children