Hi

Hi, my name is Neikka, I got my formal diagnosis of autism last week and I guess I'm looking for answers and a way through this, to be me, and to connect with other people who are just like me.

Parents Reply Children
  • Thank you Lone and yes, I have already found great comfort in just one day. Best wishes with yours and your boys assessments. I have to say my experience was a good one. My gp made the referral, no problem, and after my first appointment with the psychiatrist, he said he wouldn't put me on the waiting list for the assessment as that would take too long and he could see that I was in great need of support so he made me an appointment there and then by giving me his very next available slot. The hardest part was the last two weeks after I had expected the results. They took a little longer and that really was the hardest part I think. I felt a great sense of confidence just by asking for the assessment. I felt very proud of myself and it was a sign to me that I was prepared to do whatever it took to help me take control of my life and create a lifestyle that would benefit me.