Friendship issues

Whenever I get close to people they leave.  I cannot hold a strong, close friendship with anyone for more than a couple of years as they always end up leaving me.  Unfortunately, my mental health falls apart whenever this happens, my depression and anxiety gets a lot worse as I always feel that there is something wrong with me or that I am a horrible person.

Just wondering if anyone else feel this way?

Parents
  • Yes...

mother walked out when I was 14

then after a couple of years moved in with her

tgen she kicked me out

2 years homeless

1 x failed marriage

no friends

mother hasn't spoken to me for 3 yrs

....nor has my sister 

it is tough, isn't it...fear of isolation, fear if trying to bond with others..

unfortunately my self worth/esteem has now whittled yo nothing and leads me at risk if being exploited by others as I crave acceptance xxx 

• Sorry to hear that and yes its so hard.  A part of me wants to be on my own but a huge part of me craves acceptance, I just hate the thought of people not liking me for any reason.  Unfortunately my self esteem is rock bottom too which means I get easily depressed and upset.  Also doesn't help that I care way too much about what people think of me and I am so sensitive as well as being very oversensitive to my emotions.  It really is horrible isn't it... the desire to just be accepted by the people you love and anyone generally, just to feel slightly less alien. xxx

Reply Children