HELP ME PLEASE!!! Surely I can't be the only one???

I am so unhappy at the moment. The reason is money, to be specific budgeting!! I am so rubbish at it, (I am on the benefits system AGAIN!) I make the same mistakes over and over again. (Decade after bloody decade!! Fortnight after Fortnight!!) End up running out of money, and having to either borrow some money or sell something (like a junkie.)  Its like a OCD thing, a compulsion to wreck things financially whenever I can.

The problem is I am now feeling so low, negative and wishing I was dead. Is this common with people who have Aspergers syndrome? I want to cry, I want to die, I want to poke myself in the eye. I don't self harm other than over-eating, or eating food that upsets my bowels and stomach. 

Do you know is this is something I can be cured of? It does not bode well for a good future for me, yet I am positive it is a brain malfunction thing. I so want to do better, I just can't I don't know how. It is so damn frustrating, it is driving me to tears literally!!!

Am I the only one who suffers like this? Where should I turn to for help with this? Can anyone really help me??

Parents
  • You need to be organised. Lists are your friend! If you honestly want to control your finances I recommend making an easy, basic budget plan. Write down:

1. how much money you have coming in

2. How much money is DEFINITELY going out e.g bills

Then see how much you have left over, so you will know exactly how much you can spend until your next pay day.

I write down everything I buy each month. If you do this you can look back over the list at the end of the month and see where you're going wrong/wasting your money.

It's also a good idea to take all of your benefit money out (I'm guessing you get paid 2-weekly) so you physically have it and have to hand it over each time you buy something. When people rely on cards it can sometimes not register that this is actual money.

Good luck!

• Thankyou, Rainbow eye's.

Simple but effective, I have many new skills to learn. Smiley

Reply Children