HELP ME PLEASE!!! Surely I can't be the only one???

I am so unhappy at the moment. The reason is money, to be specific budgeting!! I am so rubbish at it, (I am on the benefits system AGAIN!) I make the same mistakes over and over again. (Decade after bloody decade!! Fortnight after Fortnight!!) End up running out of money, and having to either borrow some money or sell something (like a junkie.)  Its like a OCD thing, a compulsion to wreck things financially whenever I can.

The problem is I am now feeling so low, negative and wishing I was dead. Is this common with people who have Aspergers syndrome? I want to cry, I want to die, I want to poke myself in the eye. I don't self harm other than over-eating, or eating food that upsets my bowels and stomach. 

Do you know is this is something I can be cured of? It does not bode well for a good future for me, yet I am positive it is a brain malfunction thing. I so want to do better, I just can't I don't know how. It is so damn frustrating, it is driving me to tears literally!!!

Am I the only one who suffers like this? Where should I turn to for help with this? Can anyone really help me??

Parents
  • Hey there. First of all it is bloody hard to live on a benefit whatever way you say it and whatever country you are in.

Secondly, go speak to your GP if you are depressed like this - depression is commonly comorbid with ASD. Yes us ND get funny reactions to medications but if you persist hopefully you will find the best one for you (I have tried 7 meds and still have a cluster of side effects, but I can live with them)

Thirdly, if you haven't gone to a budgeting service, do it. You might learn very little but you might also pick up some useful tips.

• Hey Quirky friend, thanks for the reply. I have something about my brain that makes it so I can't budget, I just can't do it.

• Here is my trick for my impulsive ADHD stepdaughter. Pay bills first take out the rest in cash and only pay by cash. She went from risky debt to savings by doing this, anything she didn't spend was saved.

Seriously go to a budgeting advisor. It can help immensely.

• Here is my trick for my impulsive ADHD stepdaughter. Pay bills first take out the rest in cash and only pay by cash. She went from risky debt to savings by doing this, anything she didn't spend was saved.

Seriously go to a budgeting advisor. It can help immensely.

Children