Eating with Aspergers

Hello everyone, I'm wanting to live a better and healthier life but I struggle with eating different foods. All for different reasons that make it extremely hard for me to try different foods and meals. I was wondering if anyone else has a similar problem and knows how to work around it? 

Parents
  • Hi Jackie.

Ever since I started eating (as opposed to being 'fed' - and even when I was being fed I would not eat a lot of different foods.My mother was told by the 'experts' of the time that I would grow out of it, that I would eat if I was hungry and I was frequently served up the food I refused for the next meal.  After haing nothing to eat for over 24 hours my mother gave up.  And I am still a 'fCussy' eater.  I don't like the texture, the smell, the coour or the taste.  And I still have a very restricted range of food, there is nothing on a menu at any restaurant that I would eat other than fish and chips (without peas or other green stuff and definitely no tartare sauce!)

My diet is what others would consider very bland.  I have been told that it is quite good, I certainly don't lack dietary fibre.  I eat a lot of wholemeal bread, will eat a range of fruit, will not touch vegetables except lettuce, watercress, radish and raw carrots and none of these cooked..  No meat at all, will eat sardines, kippers, smoked haddock and cod and boiled egg. Cheddar cheese, a  lot of sweet stuff and breakfast cereal.  And that is about all

I am 62 now, and am not dead yet. so don't worry about it.  Eating something is far bettr for you than eating nothing..  I'd just say, make sure you do have something with protein, and some fibre.  The rest will look after itsself.

• Hi Jackie.

Ever since I started eating (as opposed to being 'fed' - and even when I was being fed I would not eat a lot of different foods.My mother was told by the 'experts' of the time that I would grow out of it, that I would eat if I was hungry and I was frequently served up the food I refused for the next meal.  After haing nothing to eat for over 24 hours my mother gave up.  And I am still a 'fCussy' eater.  I don't like the texture, the smell, the coour or the taste.  And I still have a very restricted range of food, there is nothing on a menu at any restaurant that I would eat other than fish and chips (without peas or other green stuff and definitely no tartare sauce!)

My diet is what others would consider very bland.  I have been told that it is quite good, I certainly don't lack dietary fibre.  I eat a lot of wholemeal bread, will eat a range of fruit, will not touch vegetables except lettuce, watercress, radish and raw carrots and none of these cooked..  No meat at all, will eat sardines, kippers, smoked haddock and cod and boiled egg. Cheddar cheese, a  lot of sweet stuff and breakfast cereal.  And that is about all

I am 62 now, and am not dead yet. so don't worry about it.  Eating something is far bettr for you than eating nothing..  I'd just say, make sure you do have something with protein, and some fibre.  The rest will look after itsself.

Children
No Data