Worth diagnosing possible Asperges

Hi there, I am 16 and am not diagnosed with autism. Some friends of mine, in a nice way, suggested that I have some asperges traits in a mild form and so I went to my medical centre at my school and they gave me a document on asperges but said they didn't know much about it. I do not know if it is worth me going for a diagnosis, as I have many asperges traits (to a noticably smaller degree then people who I meet who are aspergers) but i dont have quite a few.

For example I do like things to have a very set ruitine, and I do everything in the same order in my day when I can, I resist change when possible. I am not rude but very blunt, I am apparently not that tactical in how I say things. I am not emotionally affected by others feelings much at all. I am not that good at reading people who aren't my family. I have a high IQ (137) and am very high acheiving in mathematics and when I do maths I focus in on it very strongly and everything else fades away (I also don't like many other subjects at all, if any). I hear things when I am focusing, and am extremely easily distracted by things when working, I find this annoying when doing exams.

However, I do not have issues socially. I am fine at making friends and I don't make many enemies either. I am not noticably clumsy.I woudlnt say I take criticism personally, usually I am impartial to it and I am not that affected, although I wasn't always that way. I hate small talk and I find my thoughts being bored and drifting away from it when I am caught up in it (The kind of drifting of thoughts that happens with tiredness or boredom), however on the contrary I can do small talk and sustain a conversation if I need to.

My parents did not think I was autistic or asperges, but a few friends have pointed out mild traits. I wanted to know if it is worth going for a diagnosis if I am really unsure as to if I am mildy asperges or if I am not and just have a collection of aperges-like personality traits. I would really apreciate your comments.

Parents
  • 1 of them would likely be needed, or someone else who has known you your whole life. They look at how you have been your entire life. Your childhood development is part of the information they need to make a diagnosis. 

• 1 of them would likely be needed, or someone else who has known you your whole life. They look at how you have been your entire life. Your childhood development is part of the information they need to make a diagnosis. 

Children
No Data