Autism and SAD?

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone was aware of any link between Autism Spectrum and Seasonal Affective Disorder?

I was only diagnosed with SAD a week or two ago, but when i thought back on past winters - i realised i seem to be affected more regularly by sensory overloads, or require frequent stimming during the winter time. Whereas in summer, i experience overloads very rarely and stimming is required very little.

Does anyone else feel the same way at all?

Parents
  • My personal experience is in the negative.

Around ten years ago I was travelling by bus through one of these 1920s/30s sprawling council estates.  It was the middle of a hot summer and I was stressed out almost to the point of having a meltdown.  There were no obvious threats either inside or outside the bus.  But I was on the point of panic.  A week later I suffered a repeat performance on the same bus route.

This February I travelled on this route again,  in awful weather with sleet falling and I biting cold wind.  But I felt fine.  No negative feelings whatsoever.

• My personal experience is in the negative.

Around ten years ago I was travelling by bus through one of these 1920s/30s sprawling council estates.  It was the middle of a hot summer and I was stressed out almost to the point of having a meltdown.  There were no obvious threats either inside or outside the bus.  But I was on the point of panic.  A week later I suffered a repeat performance on the same bus route.

This February I travelled on this route again,  in awful weather with sleet falling and I biting cold wind.  But I felt fine.  No negative feelings whatsoever.

Children
No Data