About the "How are you?" question

What do you think about the "How are you?" question?

I, personally, do not like this question and I have never liked it.

I do not know what to answer.

Also, a lot of the time, I think it is expected just to give a positive answer, but I often feel awful to say "Fine!" simply to be polite if I am not fine. 

Parents

• What do you think about the "How are you?" question?

I, personally, do not like this question and I have never liked it.

I do not know what to answer.

Sometimes I say my parents met and either the rest is history, or so here I am, as often as possible, or with enough detail to deter further enquires of that nature.

And when people ask me if I am 'all-right' ~ I say I am half left but more in-between, or if not I would topple over! ;-)

Another deterrent for most is that I say I am one sixth right, left, up, down, front and back or even in sevenths and eighths I am the the centre-point. 

• P.S. I also avoid answering yes or no questions as I also have yes and no and neither yes or no answers, as depends on which states of my mind-body relationship are to lesser or greater extents more active, or latent.

Reply Children
  • Yes.

A positive affirmation of self each time or the self might get lost, squished, hidden down the sofa.

i get “are you ok.l

i always answer honestly...

”no”

”why, what’s wring now?”

well... what’s always been wrong... the powerful disconnect with the true self, humanities loss with itself, and your inabilltity to ask bigger questions and absorb the true answers...all sttarts with “hello, how are you..?”... beyond that is a mystery...as that’s where the conversation seems to falter..,