Criminal charges

Help!  My son was badly bullied a few years ago away at university and has been suffering from depression and anxiety.  He has also been diagnosed with Borderline Personality disorder.  We live in the North of Scotland and have found it difficult to get him help and his mental health has deteriated.  A few weeks he got into a black hole and had  a meltdown, he had a knife and we feared for his life so called 999.  The police came and son lost all reason and ended up being pepper sprayed, spent the night in the cells and is now facing three charges and court appearances.  A week after he was also diagnosed with Autism.  As you can imagine his mood is even lower after this.  We need help to explain that it was his mental health conditions that caused the meltdown.  Is there any advice out there that can help a struggling family.

Parents
  • Hi, you must request a Psychiatric Assessment report done for the court hearing. I've been through a terrible time with the court and my son in a different situation. The solicitor can arrange this at the first hearing for Assesment. The legal aid will pay for the assesment or the court can pay for it as they did in our situation.

I hope you can get the support you need and a decent solicitor for your son if need be.

Please get a solicitor to get a Psychiatric Assesment done. We've been through this stage and going back to court with the final report.

• Hi, you must request a Psychiatric Assessment report done for the court hearing. I've been through a terrible time with the court and my son in a different situation. The solicitor can arrange this at the first hearing for Assesment. The legal aid will pay for the assesment or the court can pay for it as they did in our situation.

I hope you can get the support you need and a decent solicitor for your son if need be.

Please get a solicitor to get a Psychiatric Assesment done. We've been through this stage and going back to court with the final report.

Children
  • Hi Angel,  Thanks for replying.  Yes our solicitor suggested he plead guilty and then we try to mitigate at a later date.  We were not happy with that and have said we would want an assessment done before we get to that stage.  I will need to stand firm and possibly change solicitor!  Who would do that assessment is it someone independent?  or our GP?  any ideas.  Thanks very much.