Please Report the Use of Fireworks

I know that the topic seems to be the wrong time of the year but on Saturday (7th April) I had to endure 25 minutes of fireworks.

I have reported the use of fireworks to Firework Abatement UK (https://fireworkabatement.wordpress.com/fireworkslog/) and ask other people to please do the same throughout the year. There is a separate page (https://fireworkabatement.wordpress.com/fireworkdisplays/) for fireworks at events.

The organisation seems to be doing a decent job of trying to improve the regulation of fireworks and submitting data will help the cause. Perhaps one day will be be rid the of the fireworks menace.

Thank you.

Parents
  • Actually I used to love fireworks as a kid, the beautiful kinetic patterns they make, but bangers, well yes, they can be a bit much.

Every month a company nearby practises a 'catastrophe defence' routine. There is a horrible loudspeaker to proclaim it and then a siren that sounds as though the Bomb is about to make Ground Zero. I hate it!!!! And maybe because it upsets me the cats get scared and hide away too.

• Actually I used to love fireworks as a kid, the beautiful kinetic patterns they make, but bangers, well yes, they can be a bit much.

Every month a company nearby practises a 'catastrophe defence' routine. There is a horrible loudspeaker to proclaim it and then a siren that sounds as though the Bomb is about to make Ground Zero. I hate it!!!! And maybe because it upsets me the cats get scared and hide away too.

Children
  • I loved them, too - as a kid.  Bonfire Night was one of the highlights of the year for me.  I still enjoy them now, when they have organised displays in the town festival.  It's when they go off at any old time, and you're not expecting it... that's what gets me.

I'll never forget one Bonfire Night in the '60s.  I was about 6.  The excitement after dinner was huge as we waited for dad to come in from work.  When he arrived, he had an enormous box of Astra fireworks.  The price on the box was 20 shillings!  They lasted all night.  Be lucky to get a packet of lighters for a quid now!