The Four Agreements

Does anybody here live by the Four Agreements? 

For anybody who is unfamiliar with them, they are ~

1. Be impeccable with your word

2. Don’t take anything personally 

3. Don’t make assumptions 

4. Always do your best 

and a later addition ~ 

5. Be skeptical but learn to listen. 

They are all based on Toltec Wisdom. 

I’m currently re-reading book one, The Four Agreements, and after a few more re-reads I’ll move on to some re-reads of the Fitth Agreement. 

It is said that if all of society practiced just one of the agreements, the world would change ~ but why stop at one? 

I love reading the books, they don’t teach me anything I don’t know but I love the way the author describes how a person can live by the five agreements and live in perfect bliss and happiness. 

With this book, there’s no need to understand the underlying laws that support these agreements but they can help a person to achieve perfect bliss regardless. 

I know plenty of people who have read the book but I don’t know anybody who practices the agreements, who has made a commitment to them in their everyday lives. 

What other inspiring books are people reading? 

Parents Reply Children
  • None of the agreements are complicated, they just take practice. But if you’ve got one of them down, you're doing very well in life. 

I love number 4 and how our best can at times look atrocious but if that’s the best we could do at the time, then it’s always perfect because striving to do more than our best can damage us. 

The book explains how to do number 2 and it’s not always easy but if you stick with it, in any situation, you will ALWAYS be met with freedom from other people’s thoughts, feelings, actions etc. It’s so liberating, well worth the effort. 

Good job on number 4 though, that’s probably my favourite Blush