A Shame the Snow Has Gone

I realise I am being selfish but the snow made everything quieter and my well-being improved as a result.

Yes, I missed hearing the birds singing but I did not miss the assault of man-made noise. At least the rain kept the latter at bay for today.

Parents
  • I know what you mean. I went for a walk the other night in the snow, the first time I’d been for a walk in a long time. It was wonderful, hardly any cars or people around. It seemed so bright, but not startling and everything seemed soft and somehow quieter. It was wonderful. I felt like I was walking on a film set. I love the cold weather but also, it means less people are out and as I like to be out, that’s a huge bonus to me. If I’m going to be in the U.K. at all, I especially like it in winter. 

• I know what you mean. I went for a walk the other night in the snow, the first time I’d been for a walk in a long time. It was wonderful, hardly any cars or people around. It seemed so bright, but not startling and everything seemed soft and somehow quieter. It was wonderful. I felt like I was walking on a film set. I love the cold weather but also, it means less people are out and as I like to be out, that’s a huge bonus to me. If I’m going to be in the U.K. at all, I especially like it in winter. 

Children