Liking people

So does anyone else feel like it's hard to like people and well....just follow the link to a video to see what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaBSaP1J-mQ

I don't mean this exactly but it's pretty close to what I mean.

Parents
  • It depends on the person, for me.

I find it very difficult to like superficial people, people for whom material things (appearances, possessions, money) are everything. I think perhaps that's more to do with the fact that I just don't understand them, rather than actively disliking them. 

I also can't find much to like about aggressive people, especially those who use that aggressiveness against other (usually smaller / weaker / younger) people. That would also apply to those who use their power / position / physical size / intellect to intimidate or demean others less able than themselves (basically bullying).

Both groups I have difficulty understanding, for different reasons, and find myself studying them in the same way I might an interesting but slightly gross bug. The superficial ones I generally simply ignore. The various types of bullies I sometimes enjoy 'squashing', depending upon whether I think the person they're picking on can handle it themselves or not. 

Apart from those exceptions, I think i just don't really notice most people. I generally neither like nor dislike them, they just don't show up on my radar most of the time. I only really notice those I'm forced to interact with and then I generally just 'get through' our interaction and leave. I can't 'do' their small-talk and I can't feign an interest in ridiculousness. I used to try to ... then I grew up. Or became less patient.      

• It depends on the person, for me.

I find it very difficult to like superficial people, people for whom material things (appearances, possessions, money) are everything. I think perhaps that's more to do with the fact that I just don't understand them, rather than actively disliking them. 

I also can't find much to like about aggressive people, especially those who use that aggressiveness against other (usually smaller / weaker / younger) people. That would also apply to those who use their power / position / physical size / intellect to intimidate or demean others less able than themselves (basically bullying).

Both groups I have difficulty understanding, for different reasons, and find myself studying them in the same way I might an interesting but slightly gross bug. The superficial ones I generally simply ignore. The various types of bullies I sometimes enjoy 'squashing', depending upon whether I think the person they're picking on can handle it themselves or not. 

Apart from those exceptions, I think i just don't really notice most people. I generally neither like nor dislike them, they just don't show up on my radar most of the time. I only really notice those I'm forced to interact with and then I generally just 'get through' our interaction and leave. I can't 'do' their small-talk and I can't feign an interest in ridiculousness. I used to try to ... then I grew up. Or became less patient.      

Children
  • Same! Well said Endymion, I’m the same. I don’t understand all that clothes liking, image liking business, I barely notice what one person looks like over another anyway and even if I do, I soon forget what they look like at all if I don’t see them very often.  My sister sent me a photo of her hair the other day! Lol! Apparently she had been to the hairdressers so I now know I’m supposed to say it looked nice, which it did, but really I was thinking, that’s weird, why have you sent me a photo of the back of your head! And I barely did before but rarely do now have tolerance for the small talk that many people enjoy and no, I can’t and never have been able to feign an interest in the ridiculousness.