Advice for mental health

Hi

I've been struggling with my mental health lately due to my autism. Its really hard to talk to someone about this. My parents aren't understanding of it and have treated me differently because of it. I've had several bad experiences with friendships too. I'm okay at making friends but when I tell them that I have autism, they treat me badly because of it. I feel miserable and I really struggle talking to someone about all this. Is there any sites/books/self help, just anything that can help improve my wellbeing?

Parents
  • Being on this site and reading about others experiences can help.  It does for me.

As does chatting here.

There are plenty of self help books available.  Not just for autistic.  A good start is dale Carnegie book, how to make friends and influence people.

I personally would avoid talking about autism to new friends. Unless they complain about your personal behaviour first.  Then explain that you're autistic.

• Being on this site and reading about others experiences can help.  It does for me.

As does chatting here.

There are plenty of self help books available.  Not just for autistic.  A good start is dale Carnegie book, how to make friends and influence people.

I personally would avoid talking about autism to new friends. Unless they complain about your personal behaviour first.  Then explain that you're autistic.

Children
No Data