motivation

so i struggle with self doubts and stress and etc. and i was wondering what any of you do to get over it because i'm looking for motivation so i can try to make friends or get a date.....but i'm just looking for inspiration.

Parents
  • 'Looking for inspiration'. I doubt you'll find it through self-examination or rumination, but I find reading a good book can distract from those self-doubts. Ask people you know for help with the causes of the stress. Have patience making friends, but the resolution that helped me was to take every opportunity. Check out local events, Meetup.com for things you're interested in or might become interested in. Maybe some volunteering or GoodGym, just to prove to yourself that you can do it and give you something to talk about. Sometimes motivation comes after the event - 'feel the fear and do it anyway'.

• 'Looking for inspiration'. I doubt you'll find it through self-examination or rumination, but I find reading a good book can distract from those self-doubts. Ask people you know for help with the causes of the stress. Have patience making friends, but the resolution that helped me was to take every opportunity. Check out local events, Meetup.com for things you're interested in or might become interested in. Maybe some volunteering or GoodGym, just to prove to yourself that you can do it and give you something to talk about. Sometimes motivation comes after the event - 'feel the fear and do it anyway'.

Children
No Data