TW - ASD and suicide prevention

Are there any suicide prevention support services aimed specifically at people with ASD? I'm not sure what I'm actually asking for in particular. I have a strong urge to hurt myself but traditional helplines are not good for me because I can't speak on the phone. I use the Samaritans email service, but I have noted a pattern in their responses which makes me suspect that I might not be communicating with an actual person on the other side. Besides, I have a fairly immediate plan and email response takes some time. 

I just want someone to understand that I don't want to be autistic any more. The daily effort I expend to do things that other people take for granted is greater than the sum of the rewards I get for trying. The only way I can think of to get a rest is to switch my brain off permanently. I would appreciate someone who could guide me towards a different strategy that works. 

Parents
  • ncrbrts I know how you feel, I really do, there are times when I feel the same way, but with more and more understanding and acceptance I am feeling like this less often. I am learning how to be me. It isn't that we're autistic, we are autistic but we are also much more than that. We need you to stay strong, you will come through this. I haven't got all the answers but one thing that keeps me going just now is the thought that if I stay strong and come through this confusing and sometimes disparing period, I can help others do the same. It doesn't feel like it sometimes but you're not alone, many of us feel like this at times but we hang on and the wave of sadness and desperation passes us by. Keep talking to us and together we'll find a way to be who we are in this world without the need to put on a mask. My weekly autism group really helps as well. If you can get to a group to be with people who understand you, that can not only help with isolation but being with people who's understand you can really lift your spirits. Sending love and hugs. 

• ncrbrts I know how you feel, I really do, there are times when I feel the same way, but with more and more understanding and acceptance I am feeling like this less often. I am learning how to be me. It isn't that we're autistic, we are autistic but we are also much more than that. We need you to stay strong, you will come through this. I haven't got all the answers but one thing that keeps me going just now is the thought that if I stay strong and come through this confusing and sometimes disparing period, I can help others do the same. It doesn't feel like it sometimes but you're not alone, many of us feel like this at times but we hang on and the wave of sadness and desperation passes us by. Keep talking to us and together we'll find a way to be who we are in this world without the need to put on a mask. My weekly autism group really helps as well. If you can get to a group to be with people who understand you, that can not only help with isolation but being with people who's understand you can really lift your spirits. Sending love and hugs. 

Children
No Data