Information Overload!

Hi all,

Sometimes I think that we receive too much information. The news is flooded with negative events, we are learning new things every day, and for the more analytical minds, we love to analyse and assess every little thing. When this happens, we need to relax our minds, and let things be, rather than strangle everything with our tenacious hold. There's so much information coming in, but we don't need to interact with it all - doing so would cause you too much stress and drive you insane!

Much love <3

• I think you've got a point there. Our society promotes the need to be switched on and connected all the time, to the point where it becomes necessary. At that point, switching off causes us distress. And definitely agree with your view on push notifications - only designed to keep you hooked on their apps due to FOMO!x

• I am not so sure things are quite that simple. 

It has been slowly dawning on me for a while now that modern life is driving everyone crazy - even the NTs. 

For all their supposed advantages, smartphones (an oxymoron) seem to have too many "unintended consequences". Push notifications appear to be the Devil's own work. 

No one ever switches off. Perhaps in years gone by, folk would live out their entire lives oblivious to the fact that they were on the spectrum. 

These days, chronic overload means that our masks have been slipping more often. 

Thoughts? Is it me?

• It seems like a tough choice - either you stay in the loop with news stories, but get flooded with negative events all the time; or, you don't keep up with the news, but then you remain ignorant towards what is happening in the world around you. I guess that the BBC's brief new summary is useful, but wonder how people think we could address this?

• Me too. No tv news but I select things from the bbc app at my own pace. I stick to U PG and sometimes 15 rated films for the same reason. I find the daily requests for all sorts of charities whether the plastic bags to fill or harrowing requests really difficult but then tell myself not nearly as difficult as those suffering. It’s quite hard to be aware, keep informed and protect our over sensitive hearts from all the tragedy. It’s not just all the negative information either.. things like multiple signage on roads and verges, continual adverts flooding the letter box, adverts on tv, overwhelm from too much choice and too many decisions. If like me you like to research things when someone/something is mentioned which peaks our interest.. the World Wide Web can take you from page to page of fascinating absorbing stuff spending hours finding things out.. yes I definitely feel the need to switch off more and more frequently 

• I no longer watch the news, or buy a newspaper for precisely the same reason. Now I get most of my news updates via Facebook, which I can go to or not go to as I wish.

• Hi there welcome aboard, I stopped watching news programs as they just dragged me down to much, I wanted to rant at the injustice everywhere in the name of humanity, I cannot help or cure against it all, 

i decided to stop tormenting myself. Like an ostrich I bury my head, it will never stop no matter what I do.