Heightened Anxiety

My anxiety is sky high right now. My heart is pumping away, I'm getting tunnel vision, I'm getting hot flushes, constant need to go to the loo, aches in joints, the works. 

It's all to do with this pending diagnosis. Having read about autism I now want the diagnosis but am anxious that I won't get it for some reason. Maybe I didn't tell them enough or there's some detail that they didn't ask about in the assessment that I'll rely upon for the diagnosis. Being high functioning I think it's going to be touch and go whether I qualify for a diagnosis or not. But having spoken to work I know I will be relying on a diagnosis in order to get the help that I need before things start to go wrong again.

And now I can't sleep because I'm too anxious. What can I do to relax?

Parents
  • Given also that you state:

Grahem357: said:

My anxiety is sky high right now. My heart is pumping away, I'm getting tunnel vision, I'm getting hot flushes, constant need to go to the loo, aches in joints, the works.

These symptoms are pretty serious, physiologically speaking, so make sure you mention them, as they are a significant factor in respect of a diagnosis for Autistic Spectrum Disorder (A.S.D.), or Asperger's Syndrome (A.S.), and of course your long term health.

Might I also suggest that you speak to your G.P. about this as soon as is possible, perhaps?

Maybe write a letter or an e-mail of explanation before making an appointment with your G.P., so that they know what is about it, and this issue can be dealt with directly without going off track due too anxious deviations and what not.

• Given also that you state:

Grahem357: said:

These symptoms are pretty serious, physiologically speaking, so make sure you mention them, as they are a significant factor in respect of a diagnosis for Autistic Spectrum Disorder (A.S.D.), or Asperger's Syndrome (A.S.), and of course your long term health.

Might I also suggest that you speak to your G.P. about this as soon as is possible, perhaps?

Maybe write a letter or an e-mail of explanation before making an appointment with your G.P., so that they know what is about it, and this issue can be dealt with directly without going off track due too anxious deviations and what not.

Children
  • Guess they'll give you some valium or something of that sort - if you just want something to get you through the next days and calm down a bit then that is quite likely to work, if you feel the need to talk to someone about all the stuff on your mind (which I guess is what many feel a need for in that situation, I certainly did) then chances will be a lot lower. The GP may send you to some crisis team (or whatever it's called in your area) because they (the GP) may really think that you need help and need t within a lot less than 5 months, and there they decide it's not serious enough for them (which is probably also true) and you will be fine, so you end up with nothing because somehow there is nothing between emergency and being fine.

Sorry, it may be totally different, it's just one experience really.