Poor Oral Hygiene

Hi all,

I was just wondering if poor oral hygiene could be as a result of my autism? There’s something about toothpaste that I just don’t like and while I make an effort to clean my teeth at least once a day it’s a struggle. And going to the dentist just sends my anxiety through the roof so I generally avoid going unless I have to.

Does any of this sound familiar? And what workarounds are there to improve my oral health?

Graham

Parents
  • if you don't like traditional toothpaste then there are these things that lush sell called toothy tabs that you could try instead to see if that helps.

you get loads of these little tablet things in a bottle and you just nibble one between your teeth then brush them with a wet toothbrush, this might help if it's a texture problem with normal toothpaste.

• if you don't like traditional toothpaste then there are these things that lush sell called toothy tabs that you could try instead to see if that helps.

you get loads of these little tablet things in a bottle and you just nibble one between your teeth then brush them with a wet toothbrush, this might help if it's a texture problem with normal toothpaste.

Children