The tiredness is killing me

Every time I go out and do something, like shopping, browsing or take the kids out I am absolutely shattered after and fall asleep no matter how hard I try to stay awake. It really is quite annoying and I feel so silly having to go and lay down in the middle of the day Disappointed

At the weekend my husband suggested taking the kids (5 of them) to Smyth's toy store, just to get out of the house and do something the children would enjoy. It was packed full of people! There was music on the speakers, sounds from all the toys and hundreds of voices all at the same time. Everybody was brushing into me and the kids were going mental, wanting to try every scooter they could find. I HATED IT! When we got back I fell asleep for a couple of hours!  

Yesterday and today I have spent my mornings taking photos of Pre School kids and last week I did another Pre School. I have hundreds of photos to edit so they can order before Christmas but I am SO tired ZZzZZzzzzzzzz.. It's SO hard!

How do you deal with fatigue and work? 

Parents
  • Good question, I'm currently working on it.

It's funny you mention coffee Abigail, I've just given up coffee. I absolutely love it but if I'm not in balance, it does me more harm than good. It can keep me awake but I pay a high price for it so at the moment, I have decided to do without it.

I'm putting into practice what has worked for me in the past. These last 12 months have been a total burn out so no chance of doing much of anything, so I accepted that and went with it and eventually, my energy levels are coming back. I'm slowly eating more regularly and better food, this is still a work in progress but I am seeing changes.

I'm also working on getting a regular sleep and getting up time back so I got some sleeping tablets from the doctors today to help with this although I haven't used them yet. I'm moving towards daily exercise again although so far I think I'm managing once a week at the gym and one night doing a bit of swimming which is actually amazing compared to the last 12 months and even for a few years before that. I want into get back to exercise every morning and also getting outside to get fresh air everyday, but I need to take this slowly.

This is a lot, for me anyway, but it has worked for me in the past so I'm working back up to it. These are things I'm making as a priority as well as doing things I enjoy, and not just my latest obsession, for example, I'm joining a little art group as I want to do more drawing and maybe start painting.

It's early days and I am working hard not to push myself too much.  I have had periods throughout my life where I have these burnouts so what I've realised is, I do too much of the things that drain me and not enough of the things that nourish me so my thinking is that if I change that around, I won't burn out so often and maybe when I feel myself getting to a point of burnout, I pull back before it happens because I don't want to get in this state again.

It's much more difficult when you have children. I also made an appointment to get my bloods done, particularly vitamin D and B12 and I'm taking vitamins (when I have the energy! lol). It's a slow process for me. I'm also bearing in mind what ayurveda say about exercise. They say we should only ever exercise to 50% of our capacity because it is supposed to energise us not wear us out, so if you can swim 10 lengths, swim 5 to start with and build from there.

I feel like I'm learning to walk again for the first time or something and this time I'm taking my time because I don't want to keep falling down. Oh, I am going to start having a bullet proof coffee in a morning, before exercise, but I don't feel I'm quite at that stage yet but when I am, I'll start my day with a bullet proof coffee. I've switched back to a whole food plant based diet and I'm really enjoying it. One thing is for definite, I will always from now on limit my time around people, that definitely drains me and I don't need draining. So it's all a bit of a work in progress for me at the minute but I feel like I'm heading in the right direction.

• You have so much self-control, amazing! I have been thinking about giving up my tea to see if that makes a difference, but it's hard as those warm cups of comfort mean a lot to me. I have a phobia of deep water so I can't swim. I hate going to the gym and I can't even get myself to walk the dog :( Everything just seems really hard at the moment, especially as I have a lot more work than usual and deadlines make me freak out! 
    It doesn't help that I don't sleep well at night, even the tiniest change in sound/temperature/light wakes me up. 

To be honest, I just feel like going into hibernation. 

• 'I just feel like going into hibernation' - this is exactly how I feel today even though I've been in hibernation for the last 12 months. I thought I was coming out of it and I am doing a lot more but it's just so tiring and it's like every time I come into contact with someone I go into this stupid default mode that 'I'm ok' when I'm not. I did admit that to the nurse today but as soon as I get talking it's as if I'm ok again when I'm not. It's so confusing, annoying and frustrating. It's so much easier in hibernation but then I'm scared I'll never come out of it. I wish I could help you. I do have a lot of self control and I'm sure it's going to help me in the long run but I feel like I've wasted so much of my life and now I know what the problem is, I just want to get on with it but can't. Arrggggghhhhhh I did make it to the swimming baths again last night, which is good but I haven't been back to the gym yet, it just feels like too much hard work sometimes :(

• 'I just feel like going into hibernation' - this is exactly how I feel today even though I've been in hibernation for the last 12 months. I thought I was coming out of it and I am doing a lot more but it's just so tiring and it's like every time I come into contact with someone I go into this stupid default mode that 'I'm ok' when I'm not. I did admit that to the nurse today but as soon as I get talking it's as if I'm ok again when I'm not. It's so confusing, annoying and frustrating. It's so much easier in hibernation but then I'm scared I'll never come out of it. I wish I could help you. I do have a lot of self control and I'm sure it's going to help me in the long run but I feel like I've wasted so much of my life and now I know what the problem is, I just want to get on with it but can't. Arrggggghhhhhh I did make it to the swimming baths again last night, which is good but I haven't been back to the gym yet, it just feels like too much hard work sometimes :(

Children
No Data