Adult Seeking Diagnosis

I am a young adult currently at University and I have suspected for a while now that I have AS.  I have always been very hidden about my emotions etc and haven't really spoken to anyone about this.  From what I have seen from the symptoms and online testing (although I'm aware these may be nonsense) it seems to fit exactly the way I feel.

Having seen many stories from others who have been diagnosed in adulthood I think this seems to be the best way forward in order for me to either get some closure or start to deal with it.  I'm aware of the process for a diagnosis, however I'm absolutely terrified to speak to my GP about this, especially if it turns out I'm just being paranoid.  Is there any way to bypass this stage and simply go straight to the psychiatrist (not sure how I would cope with this either, but it would be one less step) or otherwise does anyone else have any tips on how they approached their GP?

Any help at all really would be greatly appreciated.

Parents
  • my son is almost 10 and he hasnt got a diagnosis and im struggling to get him one. he is alittle star at school so quiet and placid and goes with the flo although he is due to go into yr 5 in sept he is leveling at 1a/2c for maths and science but for reading and writing he is a 1a i know he his slightly behind but the school says he doesnt warrant an assesment doing because he doesnt have behavioral problems. in the meantime im left feeling like im failing my son as he has terrible out bursts at home and struggles with most every day things. he has sensory issues which school also say he doesnt portray these in school. im just wondering has anyone heard of or been diagnosed with pathological demand aviodance. if so could you please tell me a little about it has i have read a little bit about it and it sounds soo much like my son. thankyou for reading this post

• my son is almost 10 and he hasnt got a diagnosis and im struggling to get him one. he is alittle star at school so quiet and placid and goes with the flo although he is due to go into yr 5 in sept he is leveling at 1a/2c for maths and science but for reading and writing he is a 1a i know he his slightly behind but the school says he doesnt warrant an assesment doing because he doesnt have behavioral problems. in the meantime im left feeling like im failing my son as he has terrible out bursts at home and struggles with most every day things. he has sensory issues which school also say he doesnt portray these in school. im just wondering has anyone heard of or been diagnosed with pathological demand aviodance. if so could you please tell me a little about it has i have read a little bit about it and it sounds soo much like my son. thankyou for reading this post

Children
No Data