PIP face to face assessment advice

Hi, well here is the answer to my last post! We have to go for a face to face this Thursday!!. My son has turned 16 and is going from dla to pip.

After reading the booklet I am confused as it says about taking a companion as they "can add in anything that helps you explain the difficulties you face more clearly, or help you answer any questions that you're asked" yet everything I see online says they don't listen to anyone with the claimant!!. Should I point this out to the HP if they appear to be ignoring me?.

Also if am my son's appointee surely the finance question is a formality as the dwp has already decided my son cannot deal with his finances!!.

Again I am really worried he will just say he can do everything!! Is it worth me doing a care diary between now and then?.

Has anyone on here been to one of these? And have you any info on what they ask them?. I really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hey, another update! Rang again today and they finally got the ATOS report on dec 1st so just gotta wait for the decision now!! Hopefully before christmas but it is not gonna be much fun getting a "computer says no!" Letter right on top of Xmas!!!. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst!! 

• Hey, another update! Rang again today and they finally got the ATOS report on dec 1st so just gotta wait for the decision now!! Hopefully before christmas but it is not gonna be much fun getting a "computer says no!" Letter right on top of Xmas!!!. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst!! 

Children
No Data