Almost 26 and my world is falling apart

Hello I'm Rachel I've not been on here for a while as I've been doing ok. But now things are bad again I go to this group for young people aged between 12-25 years with autism and mental health issues and in December on my 26th birthday I have to leave and if I want to come back as a volunteer it's a 2 year brake which is killing me. Also my best friend who was like my sister who also is on the spectrum doesn't want to bother with me. I asked her what's going on all she says is she busy or friends drift apart etc. We text now and again but that's it I really miss her and I always cry when we try and talk because I know she slipping away. I really want to fix my broken friendship with her because I feel friends shouldn't drift apart unless you let it happen so my question is how do I stop it from happaning and if it does happen how can we drift back together again. Really struggling here Rachel 

Parents
  • Hi Rachel, sorry, I haven't got any good idea how to keep your friendship alive, guess it's always a two-sided thing, and both must want it and you can't force anyone. Just wanted to say I really feel for you, I already struggled (well, still do) quite a bit with a milder version of what you are experiencing. Guess having a need for a close friend can be great but can also become a real burden when it isn't shared (anymore) by the person that's important to you.

Maybe you can find some other group, or perhaps you can simply stay there? Have you asked anyone? If you explain how much this means to you it would seem rather cruel and irresponsible to send you away if there is nowhere to go. Maybe you can find someone there you feel connected to somehow. Won't be the same as this friendship that's so important to you, but it may turn out to be good in its own way.

Sending you a big hug for tonight and hope you don't fall into a downward spiral of loneliness. Maybe stick around here a bit for the time being, it's better than nothing.

• Hi Rachel, sorry, I haven't got any good idea how to keep your friendship alive, guess it's always a two-sided thing, and both must want it and you can't force anyone. Just wanted to say I really feel for you, I already struggled (well, still do) quite a bit with a milder version of what you are experiencing. Guess having a need for a close friend can be great but can also become a real burden when it isn't shared (anymore) by the person that's important to you.

Maybe you can find some other group, or perhaps you can simply stay there? Have you asked anyone? If you explain how much this means to you it would seem rather cruel and irresponsible to send you away if there is nowhere to go. Maybe you can find someone there you feel connected to somehow. Won't be the same as this friendship that's so important to you, but it may turn out to be good in its own way.

Sending you a big hug for tonight and hope you don't fall into a downward spiral of loneliness. Maybe stick around here a bit for the time being, it's better than nothing.

Children
No Data