My PIP assessment results (what a load of lies!)

Hello everyone,

I'm an adult Aspie with Dyspraxia, Social Anxiety, Aphasia, Proprioceptive Dysfunction, also recently: Hypopituitarism, Hypothyroidism....(due to pituitary tumour, now removed).

I recently went for a PIP assessment, which looking at my report didn't go well.

The main things wrong for me are:
Communicating: You can express and understand verbal information unaided:  Hmmm, ok, apart from my two hearing aids, which makes me aided not unaided :-)

Planning and Following a Journey: You can plan and follow a route of a journey unaided:  I have not been on a bus without anybody with me for an incredibly long time.  The assessor thought I was fine as I said I get a bus to work, but the "bus" is a door to door service, not public transport, which I told to the assessor.

The assessor in her notes also wrote: You did not appear anxious or withdrawn.  I have social anxiety disorder and my partner who was with me, had to keep helping me to calm down. I can't see many Autistic people being able to do these so called assessments, without being anxious or withdrawn!

The assessor (I refuse to use the word nurse!), also stated that my hands do not shake.I have a letter from a Consultant Neurologist, that says they do.

I cannot make a meal, without any risk of injury to myself.  I also have adapted cutlery to help with my grip (due to my Dyspraxia).

She also noted that I was carrying two bags of shopping. She failed to mention that one bag was full of a Helium Balloon!! Which I'm guessing a newborn baby would of been able to carry it :-)

She also wrote in the report: The examinations reported that you have adequate memory and concentration. Examinations?!? When was this, I think I missed that part of the assessment!

My previous PIP assessment 2 or so years ago, I was just 1 point away from being awarded it.  But I was so upset from that result, that I didn't appeal against it.

Due to all my "difficulties" I've mentioned above, how many points do you think I have from them?
Well my overall score on this assessment is 0.  Yes, total end score of 0!  Not even 1 point for having to wear hearing aids!  Not 1 point for not being able to safely cook a meal.

Jamjam.

Parents
  • I have just been diagnosed with ASD but have applied for PIP twice (initial application and renewal) as someone with BP, BPD and dyslexia. I was awarded PIP enhanced both times. I felt the key to success was providing independent evidence such as PDOC letters, A2W reports, OH reports, a letter from my employer documenting the difficulties I have etc. This way the assessmentt isn't just based on your word and the thoughts of the assessor. Could you get any independent evidence for you appeal? This could even include your GP notes with the relevant points highlighted and your dyspaxia report.

• I have just been diagnosed with ASD but have applied for PIP twice (initial application and renewal) as someone with BP, BPD and dyslexia. I was awarded PIP enhanced both times. I felt the key to success was providing independent evidence such as PDOC letters, A2W reports, OH reports, a letter from my employer documenting the difficulties I have etc. This way the assessmentt isn't just based on your word and the thoughts of the assessor. Could you get any independent evidence for you appeal? This could even include your GP notes with the relevant points highlighted and your dyspaxia report.

Children
No Data