Autistic

Im 49 year old man, just been diagnosed wirh autisum and im not sure how to deal with it. Just wanting to no how others deal or cope with being autistic. Thanks john

Parents
  • I decided not to learn anything about autism before my diagnosis and so one of the first things I did post-diagnosis was begin to learn about autism. This, in turn, helped me to begin accepting myself rather than trying to conform to society's 'norm' (a process which, years later, is still continuing).

My diagnosis gave the answer as to why I need quiet, why I get stressed about certain things (e.g. people not sticking to times), etc.

Taking part in this community forum also helps.

As far as I am concerned, accepting and dealing with my diagnosis is an ongoing process.

• I decided not to learn anything about autism before my diagnosis and so one of the first things I did post-diagnosis was begin to learn about autism. This, in turn, helped me to begin accepting myself rather than trying to conform to society's 'norm' (a process which, years later, is still continuing).

My diagnosis gave the answer as to why I need quiet, why I get stressed about certain things (e.g. people not sticking to times), etc.

Taking part in this community forum also helps.

As far as I am concerned, accepting and dealing with my diagnosis is an ongoing process.

Children
No Data